There are many companies, such as CBC Settlement Funding, dedicated to purchasing annuities or structured settlement payments.
Selling an annuity can become one of the biggest financial decisions a person can make. Whether it’s to buy a new house, start a new business, or pay off student loans, selling an annuity can help to secure financial stability and alleviate debt. However, each seller should evaluate their annuity, reselling worth and reasons for selling before looking for an annuity buyer.
It’s also important to ensure potential annuity sellers are asking all of the right questions and conducting thorough research to find the best annuity purchaser. Finding the right company should result in competitive rates, fast results and a worry-free selling process.
Who Buys Annuities?
- a paid-up life insurance policy
- a retirement account
- insurance settlements
- structured settlements from successful lawsuits
- trust fund payments
Criteria of Quality Annuity Buyers
A Genuine Interest in You and Your Success
A Track Record of Success
Supportive and Knowledgeable Staff
Ability to Provide Recommendations
Questions to Ask Companies That Buy Annuities
Once you select an annuity buyer, your research shouldn’t stop. Continue asking questions once you’ve made contact with a customer representative. Asking questions can eliminate uncertainty and helps narrow down your options when selecting a buyer. Some of the questions you should consider including are:
- How long will it take to sell my annuity?
- What is your discount rate?
- What is your approval rate?
- Do you offer free quotes?
- Are your lawyers available to help me through the selling process?
- Are there any legal fees?
- Do you offer cash advances?
- Can I sell a portion of my annuity or do I have to sell all of it?
- What happens if a judge rejects my sale?
- How long will it take to receive my payments?
- What are the next steps?